BROWSE OUR WEB SITE TO LEARN MORE ABOUT US.
SERMON TEXT FOR SUNDAY JUNE 14 2009 THE LORD WILL DO IT
Sermon Text: “I bring low the high tree, and make high the low tree, dry up the green tree, and make the dry tree flourish. I am the Lord; I have spoken, and I will do it.” Ezekiel 17:24
- That sounds like God is saying, “So there! What are you going to do about it? I’m the Lord and I’m going to do what I want to do.”
- We have a hard time accepting that side of God. We would rather have a God we could control or at least negotiate with so that we could show Him when He is in the wrong and we are in the right.
- But that is not the way it works. God’s ways are beyond our understanding, but that doesn’t mean He is in the wrong, nor does it mean that He has to explain Himself to us.
- What God does do is that He promises to take care of us.
- God does this by reversing the way many things are.
- The high tree comes down low, and the low becomes high.
- The first becomes last and the servant of all.
- The sinner becomes a righteous saint.
- God brings us down low; He kills our self righteousness and He buries us with Christ, and then He raises us up again with Christ through our Baptisms.
- Jesus brings together those who are first and those who are last and places them together in a right relationship before God.
- What can we do about this? Nothing but thank God!
“NOW FAITH IS THE ASSURANCE OF THINGS HOPED FOR, THE CONVICTION OF THINGS NOT SEEN.” HEBREWS 11:1
- God’s Word accomplishes what God wants it to. Isaiah 55:11
- God does not change His Word to you. Psalm 89:34
- Have faith, not one word of the LORD’s promises has failed. 1 Kings 8:56
THE COLOUR OF THE BANNER IS THE COLOUR OF THE SEASON